Inviting a folk ensemble to Maslenitsa, your holiday will be held including many Russian folk traditions. The "Lubo-Milo" presents an interactive entertainment program for street festivities, celebrations on city stages, in parks, squares, country houses, restaurants, shopping centers, and hotels. As well as for holidays in schools and kindergartens. Russian Maslenitsa is a wonderful way to introduce children and adults to Russian folk festivals and rituals, folk art and Russian culture.
The Maslenitsa program can be personalized to celebrate in your own way. And, it offers something for everyone, from the very young to adults. For your Maslenitsa celebration, the Russian folk ensemble consists of 5 to 7 artists and the program can last from 40 minutes ro 4 hours. The program includes the appearance of a life size bear doll and the use of colorful props for folk games like carousel, jump ropes, weights, plush horses on wooden sticks, noise instruments and more.
The program is based on the fun and frolic of Shrovetide week. Artists tell folk jokes and play pranks. Traditional fun and games alternate with popular Shrovetide folk songs. You can listen to examples in the AUDIO section. During the performance of songs, the artists of the ensemble organize various dances including: "Circle", "Gate", "Snake", "Thread with a Needle", "Snail", and "Brook".
The following are examples of some of the games and popular amusements, which are included in the program.
1. "Carnival Carousel." Colorful ribbon carousel, which moves in a circle accompanied by cheerful songs and ditties.
2. Russian folk Maslenitsa fun " Braiding braids for Maslenitsa." The ensemble holds a competition between two teams to see which team braids multi-colored ribbons the fastest.
3. Dance fun with a "Quadrille." Members of the ensemble "Lubo-Milo" offer guests to split into pairs and learn a naughty folk dance. The artists of the ensemble show a set of simple movements. When the guests master them, they will dance a quadrille all together, gradually increasing the pace of the dance.
4. "Russian skipping rope." A competition in jumping over the rope to test agility.
5. Fun "people's orchestra." Artists of the ensemble "Lubo-Milo" distribute to guests, folk noise instruments: spoons, tambourines, whistles, rattles, bells, and pipes. Thus, the people's orchestra is formed. Guests demonstrate their creativity playing musical instruments to the accompaniment of accordion and cheerful folk songs.
6. "Tug of war"
7. "Cocks and Hens"
8. "Jumping in Bags"
9. "Racing on wooden horses"
10. "Lifting weights"
11. The game "Golden Gate"
12. Dance game "Shuttle"
13. Dance game "Wall to Wall"
Songs in the Maslenitsa repertoire:
"Maslenaya", "Maslenitsa", "Kalinka", "Am I to Blame", "As My Mother Wanted Me", "My Dear You", "Uhar-Merchant", "I'll Go Out", "Moscow Zlatoglavaya", "Valenki", "Oh, At the Meadow", "Oh You my Canopy", "Golden Bee", "Marusya", "Our Katie" so much more.